ILM Level 3 Certificate in Effective Mentoring
This ILM Level 3 programme in Effective Mentoring is a good introduction to studying at Level 3. You will attend live lessons virtually via Zoom or Teams – this means that you will get the benefit of full teacher and fellow student interaction but from the comfort of your own home or workplace.
You will study 3 mandatory units as follows:
Understanding Good Practice in Mentoring within an Organisational Context – you will gain an understanding of:
- the purpose of effective mentoring within an organisational context
- the roles and responsibilities of an effective mentor
- the skills, knowledge and behaviours required of an effective mentor
- and how to overcome potential barriers to mentoring
Undertaking Mentoring within an Organisational Context – you will learn how to:
- produce a plan for effective mentoring to take place for 12 hours
- agree appropriate topics, goals and/or outcomes relevant to the context of individual(s) being mentored
- agree an appropriate and confidential contract with individual(s) and other stakeholders
Reflecting on Mentoring Skills within an Organisational Context – you will
- examine the effectiveness of your own mentoring practice based on evidence, including records, supervision and feedback
- identify your own strengths and areas for improvement of your own knowledge, skills and behaviour, including communication and interpersonal skills
You will receive an e-workbook to support your study along with thorough assignment guidance booklets and tutorials.
This qualification is for learners at all levels who want to develop their knowledge and skills in effective mentoring within an organisational context. They are ideal for both new and existing mentors.
There are no real entry requirements to this course though we will check that you are in an appropriate position to be able to fulfil some of the assessment requirements. You must be able to mentor and evidence mentoring an individual for a minimum of 12 hours.
An informal telephone conversation or email will usually suffice to ensure that this qualification is suitable for you.
Start Date: TBC
Finish Date: TBC
The course is planned for 10 consecutive weeks, each lesson is 5 hours in duration (including breaks) and planned for daytime delivery starting at 09.00 and finishing at 14.00
It is suggested that you allocate at least 3 hours per week for your study to ensure that you progress through the course at a reasonable rate.